Remember my post about my pregnancy essential? Well, this will be similar except it will have everything that I am putting in my bag for when I do to have my daughter. I will also include things that I will be taking for her. It won’t be much because the hospital provides a lot. So most of it will be for me. I’m also going to include a little section of things my husband is going to take.
And keep in mind this is my second pregnancy, I will be having a planned c-section (unless i go into labor on my own and she comes to fast), and will be staying a few extra days than if I were to have a vaginal birth.
- Robe – I honestly can’t remember if I wore this when I had my son or not, but I’m bringing this time to wear at night.
- Nightgown – I wore this SO much after I had my son! The buttons in the front are perfect for breastfeeding.
- Flip Flop Slippers – I wish I had these when I had my son. I didn’t really like walking around without anything on my feet (socks were too hot). So I am making sure I have them this time!
- Old Navy Maternity Roll Panel Capris – I got these because I had a similar pair, but in pants and I loved them! I know these will be perfect to wear while recovering.
- Azule’s Tank Top Tunic – I actually got a few of these after I had my son and they have also made great maternity tops! Now I will use them post partum again.
- Gilligan & O’Malley Nursing Cotton Cami – Yet another item I wore after having my son! The support they give is great! I love them and that’s why I will be wearing them again!
- Seamless Nursing Bras – Well, I have to have bras! LOL
- Lansinoh Nursing Pads – I actually still have a box and a half left from when I stopped breastfeeding my son! So it’s nice that i won’t have to buy any for awhile. So the reason I’m bringing nursing pads is because my milk came in the day we brought our son home. I definitely want to be prepared!
- Motherlove Nipple Cream – I used this stuff when I was breastfeeding my son and it was a life saver! I’m glad I will be able to use it from day one with my daughter!
- My Breastfriend Nursing Pillow – This thing is great for when you’re starting to breastfeed! When I had my son the hospital had me use their’s and I loved it! So I ordered one for myself! The back support is amazing! SO much better than a Boppy!
- Diffuser Case – I was SO excited when I found this! And SO perfect to take all of my oils in, too!!
- Young Living Dew Drop Diffuser – I am so happy to be taking my diffuser!
- Young Living Essential Oils – I don’t know what I would do without my oils! I will be taking Lavender, Lemon, Stress Away, Joy, Fennel, Orange, Clove, Frankincense, Ginger, Peppermint, Peace & Calming, and Gentle Babies.
- Young Living Rose Ointment – What can this stuff NOT do? From dry skin and boo boo’s, to diaper rashes and cradle cap. I always have this stuff on hand!
- Thayer’s Alcohol Free Witch Hazel – I haven’t used any kind of toner in YEARS! But I have started using Witch Hazel and Frankincense! Can’t go without it! It makes my face feel so clean and soft!
- Toiletries – Body Wash, Shampoo, Conditioner, Deodorant, Toothbrush, Toothpaste, Razor, Shaving Cream, Covergirl Clump Crusher Mascara & Benefit Gimme Brow.
- Gentle Babies – This book is an essential oils guide for pregnancy, childbirth, infants, and young children.
- PILLOW – I am SO glad I took my own pillow when I had my son! Definitely doing that again!
- Cell Phone & Charger – These are the only electronics I’m bringing. Nothing else.
- Flip Flops – Those will be the only shoes that will fit on my feet after being pumped with fluids. Seriously, my legs looks like true trunks after I had my son! lol
- Sleeper(s) – I’m taking a couple different sized sleepers because you never know how big or small your child will be.
- Onsies – I’m taking a couple of these. One is for the hospital and one is for going home.
- Headwrap – Yes, I am THAT mother! I have a ton of headwraps/headbands and I’m starting her early! lol
- Muslin Swaddle – I was something to cover her with when we go home.
- T-shirt(s), Shorts/Pants, Underwear – These are essentials for my hubby. lol
- Toiletries – Toothbrush, Bodywash, & Deodorant. He’s a simple man! 😉
- Cell Phone & Charger – My hubby doesn’t need much in way of electronics either.
- Pillow & Blanket – We brought a pillow AND a blanket for my hubby last time and worked out great! It was a nice little bit of comfort for the uncomfortable pullout he slept on.
I will NOT being taking are underwear for myself. HELLOOOOO mesh undies!!! I mean seriously, those mesh undies are SOOOO comfy! lol There’s a reason most women love them after they have had a baby! We won’t be bringing diapers for baby either. The hospital provides diapers for baby so we won’t be bringing those either. I might bring a pacifier for the ride home though.
Anyways, I hope this was helpful to someone! I know it can be very overwhelming what to pack for the hospital when you have a baby. And honestly, this list might change some, too. I am also going to try and do a baby essentials after Dottie is here, too.